UDK Landscaping

Worked today on the scene in UDK that my characters and creatures are going to be placed into.  Charlie's shown us how to use Google Earth to create landscapes in UDK a couple times in his classes, so I gave that a shot.  Took a bit to get all of the programs and settings working right, but ended up getting a height map I like a lot for this, and knowing how to do this will be useful for future projects as well.  A good tutorial for the process is here.  After I got the height map created and into the UDK landscaping, I started working on landscape materials.  Nice tutorial for that here, with links to the UDK documentation.  Still have a long way to go for something that looks good enough, and I'll probably be getting some help with it since environments aren't something I have much (any) experience with making, but at least I have a start now.  The location I chose is the Los Vaqueros Reservoir, south-east of where I live, and a nice location for a flat area surrounded by mountains, which is what I was after.



Comments

Popular Posts